Sunday, September 03, 2006

Translating English



I am not saying that my Chinese speaking is even existent, although I did tell the taxi where to take me today and I got to where I needed to go, but it is freaking hilarious to see how Chinese gets translated into English. We wonder why companies can't just get an interpreter or a proof reasder, but it is cheap entertainment for us. For example... today in a taxi there was a sign posted behind the head of the taxi driver which reads (and this may be somewhat paraphrased), "Drunkards and schizophrenics may not drive alone". I also purchased beef jerky today. I realize that that in itself was a risky manuvuer because I really have no idea if it was even really beef, but I love beef jerky so I figured I might as well try it. Anyways, here is what suggestion on the back of the package read (I have also included a picture of the beef jerky bag).

In case it doesn't come out this is it word for word "Don't be big the mouth when children is eating, so as mot (and no I did not mispell that) to choke, thank you!"

No comments: