Monday, August 21, 2006

Overwhemed is...

Being overwhelmed is grocery shopping in China. Yesterday we went to Carrefore (think of it as a Super Walmart). It is absolutely nutty! I had to buy random stuff (cell phone, bathroom stuff, towels, food, microwave...) and I pretty much was lost. Trying to buy a cell phone from someone who speaks no English is not a fun task not to mention my lack of Mandarin, along with a microwave among other items. I wandered around trying to figure things out, but was getting kind of stressed out b/c I could not ask questions. My friend Trey says we are like 2 year olds, we know what we want but the adults don't understand. I can point, make hand motions, and random noises, but that's about it. I have to say it is kind of fun and entertaining for awhile, but it kind of gets old. Oh well, I guess that is what living in another country is like. I kind of wish Chinese people spoke Spanish b/c then I would have luck with communication. This just goes to show that I NEED to learn Chinese.

No comments: