Tuesday, August 07, 2007

My time in San Diego


Kettner Nights


Amie's Birthday with the soccer girls


Yea for brothers!


Taco Tuesdays... always a good time


Good Ole' Cass St. Bar and Grill





At the races

I have documented all my other vacations, so now it is time for me to talk about San Diego. The weirdest thing for me was when I was filling out my customs form upon landing in LA and for reason for travel to America I had to fill out "visiting". Never would I think I would put "visiting" I always thought I would put "returning home." However, this was not the case and I had to come to grips with reality that I am visiting the place I call home.

Anyways, my time here has been pretty "normal". By normal, I mean I have just slipped back into my old way of life. The first week I coached a soccer camp. It was so much fun coaching and being around soccer. Although it was work, it wasn't really. I would have done it the whole time I was here, but I needed time to hang out and see people. The first day I was here I went to the beach and Tony's Jacal (my family's fave Mexican restaurant). This dinner was super fun because my family and closest friends came. I admit, I am blessed by my family and friends; I don't think I realized this till this past year. This night was the kick off to my time in San Diego.

Like I said, I haven't done anything super exciting, but I have loved every minute of it. I have seen a bunch of friends, drank margaritas, ate tacos, played soccer and beach volleyball, gone to the beach, shopped and shopped some more, ran and gone for walks, walked my stepdad's dog, went to the races, and just loved being here.

Last weekend I went to Huntington Beach to stay with my good friend Jen and her fiance Tim. I haven't seen them since they got engaged, so it was so much fun. My friend Katie came down too and we got to do some much needed girl time.

My time here is coming to an end; I only have 4 more days, and I am getting sad. I think I am kind of in denial about going back, but I know next year will be good. I have a lot to do before I leave and a lot to do when I get back to Shanghai, but such is life. Reality is sinking in and I don't like it. As they say "back to life, back to reality." But I can't complain, I have a good life.

Here are pics from going out.

No comments: