Thursday, May 01, 2008

View from the top...

The Lupu Bridge is just one of the many bridges in Shanghai. This is the bridge that I go over every day to get to work. What is cool about this bridge is that you can take an elevator to the top and walk across the arch to get a cool view of Shanghai. As you can see, Shanghai is full of construction and cranes. I think I read somewhere that China has more cranes than any other country, and I believe it. In one of the pictures you can see that they are getting ready to build more. I am not sure what will be put in in the cleared area but I can only imagine that next year it will look completely different. The area around the Lupu Bridge that has been cleared out did have factories and other buildings, but in just the past few months they have all been taken down to get ready for something bigger and better I guess. While it was overcast when we went, the smog was not too bad so there actually was a good view. It is kind of hard to find a perfect day to go because of the smog, so my friends and I just decided to compromise and go on an overcast yet somewhat smogless day.


Looking down from the arch to the road below... this is where I drive everyday.

The two building sticking up are the Jin Mao and what I like to call "The Big Ugly". The Big Ugly is actually going to be the International Finance Center and is the World's Tallest Building. It will be the tallest till the one in Dubai gets finished.

This is the area that has been cleared out... China is always clearing out and building new things.


Some of the cranes and a view looking down the river.

No comments: