Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Bittersweet

This period of my life can only be described as bittersweet. For one, I feel a bit bipolar right now (although, since I am a Psychology major, I do know that I am not). Last week I was not liking living in China and could want nothing more than to be home, but as I look to book my flight home I honestly admit I am a bit sad. I don't really know if I should be happy knowing that I will be back in San Diego or a bit saddened knowing that this adventure is soon over. As much as I get frustrated with some of the common occurrences that happen everyday here, I know that part of me will miss them. Part of me will miss the dodging of cars and motorcycles when I am crossing on greens and the incessant honking and the street spitting and babies with splitty pants and pushing in line and the miscommunication in taxis... So as I approach my last three months in China I realize I will hit lots of highs and lows of being torn between really wanting to be in San Diego but I also know that I need to appreciate the random chaoticness of living in China because I have to admit, I will miss it.

No comments: