Monday, September 17, 2007

Soccer = Happiness

For those of you who know me know that I love soccer. For me, soccer is happiness. When I am playing soccer I am truly happy (ok, sometimes when I am losing or get no action I am not happy), but I do love being able to play. Last year was difficult because I didn't get to play soccer that often. I was not on a team and I truly missed it. Going from playing on three teams in San Diego to no teams in China was difficult. Well, this last weekend I found a sports league that has pick up soccer games every Sunday. I showed up not knowing what to expect. Well, it turned into 2 hours of playing and I absolutely loved it. I will be honest, it was 15 guys and me, but it was so much fun. At first they were skeptical of me and I had to prove that I can play, and I think I did that. Today I am sore, but it is a good sore that comes form playing. I also an joining a 7 aside co[ed league and am super stoked. What this means is that I will have soccer twice a week. Actually, I will have soccer 4 times a week because in October I start to coach. I will have my pick up games on Sunday, co-ed games on Monday, coach practice on Wednesday, and coach games on Thursday. I am so stoked to have soccer back in my life again.

Oh, and not to mention that the Women's World Cup is in China too for soccer. Last Friday I saw the Japan vs. Argentina game and the England vs. Germany game. Tomorrow I will see USA vs. Nigeria and I hope to go to the 3rd/4th place game and finals. Man, I never thought I would be at the Women;s World Cup. It makes me wish I would have tried harder at soccer so I could play competitively, but I am happy that I can just play now.

So life is good right now. I am so happy to have options to play again. Last year I was definitely missing soccer, so now I am so excited to play again. I LOVE soccer!

No comments: