Thursday, February 15, 2007

Pee Pee Island

Our first beach stop was Krabbi where we stayed at Railley Beach. We then went to Phi Phi Island (pronounced Pee Pee). This island was one that was hit hardest by the tsunami, but is also one of the most beautiful places ever. The water was so clear and gorgeous. There were green hills on the island and the weather was warm. I was able to play beach volleyball, and I was in heaven!!!

Anyways, I will stop about the beauty because I will post pictures later. One night we (Jackie, John, Tarah, Amber, and I) were walking around. It was our last night as a family (since Tarah, Amber, and I would be leaving for Malaysia the next day). I wanted some dessert, something sweet. I decided to be healthy, so instead of gelato I would get mango. I found a stand and waited to be served. As I chose my mango I felt something on my foot. Considering there were bugs everywhere, and getting a mosquito bite was not uncommon I figured it was a bug, until I realized it was wet. I admit, I was perplexed, so I looked down to see a 3 year old Thai girl in a cute little dress squatting. I jumped back, realizing that she was squatting and peeing, not just on the ground outside her mom's shop but also on my feet! Everyone was else was laughing, so had to laughed. How do you respond when a little girl pees on your foot? The reality is it is kind of funny, although completely gross. A couple walked by and thought it was "Cute." Cute? Funny maybe, but not cute. Oh well, I guess it puts a new meaning to the name Pee Pee Island.

No comments: