Thursday, February 15, 2007

It has been a long time

Right now I am in the middle of Chinese New Year. Before I thought Chinese New Year was a crazy street party with dragons and the sort, and while there are probably areas with these parades, what it really means for China is a national holiday. So, I get three weeks off of work!!! Yes! Anyways, Our break started on Feb. 3 and goes to the 25th. Since I get some much time off I have decided to travel with my friends Tarah and Amber (well, my friend Jackie and her boyfriend John were with us for half of it). Our original plan was to go to Thailand (the islands, then Laos, Cambodia, and come back through North Thailand); however, we realized that we would not have enough time, so we chose to go to just Cambodia and Thailand... but since plans always change, the week before we changed our minds and would do Thailand for half and Malaysia for the other part.

With just our plane tickets in and out of Bangkok, we set off from Shanghai for a travel adventure. Right now I have been travelling for about 12 days, and have seen and experienced amazing things. Of course we have encountered the realities of travelling: gross bathrooms, overbooked hotels, paying too much for things, realizing that where we want to go is not open b/c of the season, and things like that, but I have realized that this is the experience of travelling and exploring. I have taken many pictures, but cannot post them till I get back, but I will share random moments for our trip.

No comments: