Monday, November 06, 2006

Whipped cream and jackets...

"What the heck is up with this subject title?!?" you are probably asking yourself. Well, the answer is simple... my weekend was awesome due to whip cream and jakctets (or should I say coats?). On Saturday my friends and I tried to go to the Shanghai Aquarium, which didn't happen, so we ended up cruising around the Bund area (you may have eariler seen pictures I posted of the Pearl Tour and this is the same area). Anyways, moving on, it was a perfect day: the weather was warm, the sun was out, and we were walking around. We ended up going to this placa called the City Market whihc sells Western food. There really has not been anything that I have been dying to eat, but when I saw the whip cream canister I knew I has to get it. Sure it was 6 bucks for the whip cream, but the thought of putting whip cream in my coffee made me so incredibly happy. How can whip cream be worth 6 bucks? Oh, but trust me, it is. Now I sit at my computer drinking my coffee with whip cream, maybe tonight I will put some on my hot chocolate... this is so great. I was so excited that yesterday morning I had a coffee/hot chocolate and whip cream party so I could share the goodness. I love simple pleasures.

And coats. No, I did not put whip cream on my jackets. Yesterday was the day that I went to the fabric market to pick out my saving graces for the winter, meaning my winter coats. If you want to talk about feeling overwhemed, try going to a fabric market where they can make just about any coat in any style in any color and fabric. I wanted to get so many, but limited myself to only two: one is black and white w/ toggle buttons and a hood (supposedely a Burberry remake) and the other is is this blueish color with on row of buttons and over sized pockets. Anyways, these words do not explain their awesomeness. I am soooo excited to be able to pick them up in a week or so (and yes, of course I will take pictures).

So that is what made my weekend incredibly awesome: being able to get whip cream and my winter jackets. Ahhhhh, life can be so simple yet so good.

No comments: