Friday, October 27, 2006

Forced Family Fun






So every family has forced family fun. You know what I am talking about, the events that everyone in the family must attend, willingly or not, all in the name of "family bonding." I am not saying that this is a bad thing, in fact good memories come from these events.. Anyways, SMIC (the company my school is under) had one of these events under the name of Company Sports Day.

Now, most of you know that I love sports but this day put a new maning to competitive. Basically there were a couple thousand grown events ready to compete in random events that should be at a fun day at the park and are not really competitive, but people were here to win. Different departments formed the teams (I honestly don;t even know what departments were w/ us except for the CEO). Anyways, the events were quite amusing. There was a tug of war competition where people were more serious than I had ever seen. A race called the Centipede Run which was like a three legged race on steroids. Basically they tied people's legs together like a three legged race but instead of there being two people there were 10. The teams practiced for this event, came out in knee pads, and there was a mattress at the end of the course to catch the forward momentum of teams. Among other events was a 100 M run, jump roping (and yes, tis was with adults), some relays, and other things that I am not sure about.

The day began with the opening ceremonies in which all the departments marched around the track in different formations. Some teams dressed up in cheerleading type costumes and did cheers. Another team dressed up in black and yellow spandex suits and did like modified arobics on the track. There was a group of grown men dressed in camo that did some serious kung fu accompanied by people dressed as bugs bunny, a bee, and something else that I forget (it was a funny combination). There were also serious marchers that has the perfect one-two-one march down and their faces had stern, serous looks to them.

The best though was that my K1'ers represented the school and marched the track. They were so cute and I was so proud. They also did a dance in front of everyone. It was funny, b/c I was so happy to see them do it that I was kind of giddy. Anyways, here are some pics of my kids (they are so precious).

No comments: