Friday, February 08, 2008

Hangzhou... always a good time

I have decided that one of my favorite places in China is Hangzhou. Hangzhou is a town just outside of Shanghai and has a lake, called West Lake. It is nice because It is super chill and you can just walk around the lake and hang out with friends. Every time I go I spend too much time in Starbucks, but Starbucks has just become part of the Hangzhou experience. Three of my friends and I went for Chinese New Year for three days. The first day it was snowing a bunch. It was fun walking in the snow, but got cold after awhile, so we went and played cards in Starbucks till we got kicked out because you are not allowed to play cards in Starbucks (who knew?). That night we stayed up to 4 am in the hostel playing cards and drinking and just laughing harder than i have in awhile. It is amazing how much entertainment can come from a deck of cards. The next day we slept in and walked around the lake again. This day it was not snowing and it was so peaceful and fun walking and talking and laughing. That night we went out to a Chinese restaurant and then to a Mexican bar for Karaoke and margaritas. It was fun because outside there were a bunch of guys being guys playing with fireworks and firecrackers (since it was New Year's). We just laughed as they acted crazy. I was impressed that no hands were lost. The next day we just spent it in Starbucks (again) and walked a bit more, oh, and we went to a silk museum. Even though we did not do much it was a great time and I have not laughed so much in three days as I did in Hangzhou. Here are pictures of the lake and us (mainly me) being stupid.











No comments: