Monday, May 07, 2007

The Terracotta Warriors


This is only one of the sites (and it is the biggest one). There are three different chambers. This one has about 6000 warriors in it.




In the words of my twin bro when he was about 2 when someone told him that they bury bodies in cemeteries, "you mean they got no heads?"


Look! I'm a terracotta warrior too!

The main attraction in Xi'An are the terracotta warriors. Basically an Emperor along time ago wanted to take his army with him when he died so he has 20,000 people create about 10,000 replica soldiers, chariots, and horses. The discovery of the tomb was only in the 70's and was discovered by a framer who was digging a well for water. Anyways, after fighting (and I pretty much mean that in a literal way) our way onto two different buses (it was craziness) we made it to the warriors! Success!

1 comment:

Turner Family said...

Fudge...the Terracotta Warrior! I love it. You crack me up with your crazy pictures but you know I would be right there beside you doing the same thing. :) Solomente en China!